THE DOLPHIN TRAIL, TSITSIKAMMA
|THE DOLPHIN TRAIL, TSITSIKAMMA
|Phone:||+27 (0) 42 280 3588
The Dolphin Trail - Hike the magnificent Tsitsikamma Coast with no heavy backpack, and spend three nights in comfort at different accommodation venues!
- all meals, from dinner on the day of arrival, to breakfast on the day of departure
- the attendance of well trained local guides
- a 4x4 drive through the old Storms River Pass
- the transportation of all luggage by vehicle between overnight stops so that guests need hike only with a light pack containing a few personal items
- Hikers have stunning views of the rugged Tsitsikamma coastline, and the chances of spotting whales, dolphins and the occasional otter are good. On route, many birds including the gorgeous Knysna Loerie can be heard and spotted while hiking through the forest, and the endangered Oystercatcher is often to be seen on the shoreline. Swimming and snorkelling in the rock pools is possible at the discretion of the guides.
Level of Fitness: A great deal of the charm of this untamed coastline lies in its rugged and wild nature, and hiking it is therefore not a mere "stroll in the park". It is however achievable by people of all ages who have maintained a reasonable level of fitness and agility, and a relatively active lifestyle. Many walkers who may be discouraged by the need to carry a heavy pack are now able to take the challenge and enjoy what is a strenuous but attainable hike through some of South Africa"s most beautiful scenery.
- Hiking boots are recommended although a good pair of trainers is acceptable footwear.
- Two pairs of socks per day (1 thin and 1 thick pair to wear with your boots).
- Suitable hiking gear - the Tsitsikamma is known to have “four seasons in one day”. We recommend short pants for warmer weather and a comfortable pair of long pants and a warm jacket should the weather turn cold.
- Light rain wear.
- Swimming costume.
- Rucksack / Day Pack.
- Walking stick.
- Binoculars for keen birders (a bird book will be carried by the guides).
- Insect repellent and sun block.
- Hat or cap.
- Camera and film.
- Warm, comfortable clothing and shoes for the evenings.
View the itinerary HERE
Follow us on FACEBOOK
Please contact the Dolphin Trail directly for rates & bookings.